Students and staff prepare for World Series ‘W’

Tonight is the night. Game one of the World Series is here. After waiting 71 years, York students and staff finally have the opportunity to show their support of the Cubs in the World Series. Hoping for a “W” in tonight’s game, the York-hi got the reactions of students and staff on the Cubs playing in the World Series. See what they had to say below.

"The Cubs have done so well this season; they deserve to win it all." -Lauren Fischer, senior
“The Cubs have done so well this season; they deserve to win it all.” -Lauren Fisher, senior
"We want that W!" -Jeanette Morley (left) and Haley Stewart (right), seniors
“We want that W!” -Jeanette Morley (left) and Haley Stewart (right), seniors
"I'm probably the biggest Cubs fan here at York. I woke up this morning ready for the W." -Zoe Lawless, senior
“I’m probably the biggest Cubs fan here at York. I woke up this morning ready for the W.” -Zoe Lawless, senior
"I'm very excited but nervous. I was there last year when they lost it all in the last game, so I'm looking forward to revenge this year." -Kira Sampson, senior
“I’m very excited but nervous. I was there last year when they lost it all in the last game, so I’m looking forward to revenge this year.” -Kira Sampson, senior
"It's huge. It's history. We're just happy and proud! We plan to win." -Mrs. Moore and Mr. Urbanski, student services
“It’s huge. It’s history. We’re just happy and proud! We plan to win.” -Mrs. Moore and Mr. Urbanski, student services
"I've been waiting for this for 71 years. It's been too long. I think they're gonna do very good in the World Series." -Will Schermer (left) and Max Lupa (right), freshmen
“I’ve been waiting for this for 71 years. It’s been too long. I think they’re gonna do very well in the World Series.” -Will Schermer (left) and Max Lupa (right), freshmen
"Baez is gonna hit a home run in this game tonight for sure." -Josiah Scott, sophomore
“Baez is gonna hit a home run in this game tonight for sure.” -Josiah Scott, sophomore
"They're gonna get the win!" -Sam Grabau, freshman
“They’re gonna get the win!” -Sam Grabau, freshman
My great grandpa is a huge Cubs fan so it's cool to see him so excited. He's a really shy and quiet guy so seeing him being enthusiastic about the Cubs is great!" -Alyssa Garelli, senior
“My great-grandpa is a huge Cubs fan. It’s cool to see him so excited. He’s a really shy and quiet guy, so seeing him enthusiastic about the Cubs is great!” -Alyssa Garelli, senior
"I wore this shirt because it's his first day back after his injury." -Madi Miller, senior
“I wore this shirt because it’s his first day back after his injury.” -Madi Miller, senior