Schroeder wins York-hi satire contest

Congratulations to Maggie Schroeder, winner of our new satire contest. Checkout our spring magazine, scheduled for distribution May 5, for Maggie’s hilarious satire on the rise of plastic bag trafficking in Elmhurst.

Although Schroeder’s entry was selected for the print issue, all entries will be published in our satire section. So if you’re looking for some stress relief during finals or just love a great satire, click on over to our satire section.

And, of course, we’d love to showcase more student work. If you’re a satirist, please email your piece to [email protected].

See details of original contest below . . . 

****************************************

Do you enjoy cracking an occasional one-liner? Are you underappreciated for your sense of humor? ​Perhaps you’re a fan of Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update or The Onion. If so, then do we have a surprise for you.

With our new satire section quickly becoming a favorite of readers, the York-hi staff has decided to do something a bit different for the 2017 Spring Magazine. We are giving ​students​ a chance to submit an original satire article, ideally something geared toward our audience–high school students, teens, education, etc. You may submit as many satire articles as you want by Tuesday, April 25. The satire editor will review the pieces and select a winner by Thursday, April 25. Best of luck to those interested!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KcpgwDedQ2uUj-yyKEUOvEEHwupJiBGUY2vTVyRA7YM