Hamilton opens in Chicago

The Hamilton trend has swept the nation and York is no exception. Recently, Hamilton has been moved from the Richard Rodgers Theater in New York City to The PrivateBank Theater in Chicago. Many Chicagoans and Dukes scrambled to find tickets, which became scarce and skyrocketed in price. A year’s worth of performances are virtually sold out for the smash Broadway Production written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Hamilton’s success is incredible and is said to be one of the biggest triumphs on Broadway. Even Mayor Rahm Emanuel scored an opening-night seat and chose Hamilton over the presidential debate and the cubs game!

The great thing about Hamilton is that it has popularized history and has encouraged many kids around the nation to take an interest in the Revolutionary War Era. With catchy tracks like “The Schuyler Sisters”, and “Non-Stop” major events of the 18th century are bound to get stuck in your head.

“Hamilton is wonderful,” said Izzy Wood, freshman. “It’s starkly accurate and it gives Alexander Hamilton praise for all he has done.”

Alexander Hamilton is one of the lesser known Founding Fathers, however the popular production sheds lights on Hamilton’s accomplishments throughout his life.

“I think it’s really exciting,” Freshman Kate Moran said. “I would definitely see Hamilton if I had the chance.”

It is clear Hamilton has created a buzz in York High School that cannot be missed among the students.