Freshman Football

This season, the Freshman Football A team were dominant, posting a 7-1 record.

“It was very encouraging having the highest record out of all the levels of football” said Thomas Cintron, freshman.

Despite plenty of roadblocks, the freshman defied all odds and continually succeeded.

“We overcame a lot. We had a lot of injuries, but we were relentless,” said Ricardo Santa Cruz, freshman.

The injuries only motivated these fearless freshmen even more, as they would just plug in the next guy in and expect a positive impact.

“Teamwork was a big part of our success. When someone got injured, the next guy up had to step up and it worked,” Santa Cruz said.

Although the lost against Glenbard West broke their win streak, it did not destroy their spirit, and they got back up and won the rest of their games. Their persistence and dedication gave them the strength to win most of their games.

“The lost against Glenbard West didn’t affect us one bit. The team stayed strong and kept winning. Our team chemistry was probably the reason why we did so great this season and out star players,” said Matt Gieger, Freshman.

The whole team gave 110% in every game and their teamwork and motivation for one another was one of our advantages of winning so many games. Their nearly perfect record could inspire them to train hard and work harder so that next year they can go undefeated and potentially become the best in the state.

“We will definitely be able to duplicate our success from this past season and achieve next season; we will eventually be able to win a championship because we will have a full team,” said Thomas Cintron, freshman.