Lauren Marquart’s Chromebook features a large variety of stickers. Thurs., Sept. 28, 2017. (Photo by Molly Braun)
Lauren Marquart’s Chromebook features a large variety of stickers. Thurs., Sept. 28, 2017.

Photo by Molly Braun

Chromebook Stickers As Expression Really Sticks With Students

April 21, 2018

When all students have Chromebooks, there is bound to be variation among them. Many students express themselves using stickers bought online or given as gifts.

“Stickers are such a fun way to express interests,” said sophomore Mia Sherman.

Sherman had some of her stickers originally, but got other stickers online from the website Redbubble or from camp. Sherman has few stickers compared to other sophomores, but loves them all.

Photo by Molly Braun
Mia Sherman’s Chromebook features stickers about baseball, Harry Potter, camp, violin, and running. Thurs., Sept. 26, 2017.

“It’s hard to choose which sticker is my favorite,” said Sherman, “but if mandatory, I’d pick Michael Jordan with the violin.”

Sherman, who plays the violin, is not alone in using Chromebook stickers to show off her interests. Sophomore Kelly Ahern does the same thing on her Chromebook.

“I like hiking and being outdoors, so I have three stickers that show those things,” said Ahern.

Photo by Molly Braun
Kelly Ahern’s Chromebook has stickers about nature, Apple, and her favorite restaurant to go to with her brother. Thurs., Sept. 28, 2017.

Ahern collects stickers that hold the most memories of the place. Her favorite sticker is of Jasper National Park.

“It holds a lot of emotional value,” said Ahern. “I had a great experience there- it was super fun.”

While Ahern’s stickers hold a lot of personal value, sophomore Lauren Marquart finds humor in her stickers.

“My favorite sticker is the one of Homer Simpson on the bottom of my Chromebook,” said Marquart. “It just makes me laugh everytime I look at it.”

Marquart, like most students want it to be something that is seen, even though they may be personal. Sophomore Maya Wlodarcyzk’s stickers are personal to her, but that isn’t what her and most other students’ main goal.

Photo by Molly Braun
Wlodarcyzk’s Chromebook features a lot of stickers that came from TSI’s sticker handout last year. Thurs., Sept. 28, 2017.

“I want it to be something I can show others,” said Wlodarcyzk, “or it can spark conversation with someone who can become a good friend later.”