Filed under A&E Reviews, Showcase

October Concert Recap

Katy Perry singing during her

Katy Perry singing during her "Witness" tour on Oct. 24, 2017 at The United Center Photo courtesy of Tracy Milefchik

This October, a  wide variety of bands and artists came to visit from many different genres performed in Chicago. This month’s concerts included a throwback from Bob Dylan, pop from Kesha, alternative from Arcade Fire, and rap and r&b from Lil Uzi Vert, just to name a few. There was something for everyone.

Katy Perry came to perform for her “Witness” tour where she appeared at the United Center on the 24th and 25th. She performed songs like “Bon Appétit” and “Swish Swish” from her new album, “Witness,” along with older songs and original fan favorites like “California Gurls,” “I Kissed a Girl,” and “Hot N Cold”.

“The best part was all the lights and complex choreography,” said freshman Shea Kennedy. “I wouldn’t recommend this concert to other high school boys, [though], and suggest choosing a concert that you would like to go to, such as Little Yachty.”

Imagine Dragons appeared at the United Center on the 18th for their “Evolve” tour. They sang “Thunder” and “Believer” from their new album “Evolve” along with others, while also singing their fan favorites such as “Radioactive” and “On Top of the World”.

“I liked the stage performance and I liked the meaningful speech he gave to the audience,” said freshman Bella Prosser. “His speech was about depression and how there are always people who are there for you.”

Jon Bellion came to Chicago for his tour “The Human Condition” where appeared at the Aragon ballroom on the 17th. He played songs such as “All Time Low” and “Guillotine”

Jon Bellion singing during “The Human Condition” tour on Oct. 17, 2017 at the Aragon Ballroom. Photo courtesy of Eleni Panoushis.

“My favorite song that they played was Migraine. I loved every song that they played; they performed so well,” said freshman, Eleni Panoushis. “My favorite part of the performance was how much they interacted with the crowd. Overall, it was the best night ever and I loved everything about it!”

The Pixies performed on the 8th at The Chicago Theater. Their performance was a bit of a 90s throwback and they played a mix of their old songs like “Where is my Mind” and “Wave of Mutilation” along with new songs such as “Head Carrier”.

“My favorite part of the show was the way they jumped around as they played their songs.” said CJ Cannon, a sixth grader at Sandburg Middle School.

The concerts last month were very popular and many concert goers enjoyed them. A few of the concerts coming this month are Guns N’ Roses, The Weeknd and Mariah Carey. To find full set lists from the artists mentioned in this article check out York hi’s spotify @thisisyork.

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Advanced Dance puts on dance concert in Black Box studio featuring York Dance Company

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Drama Club takes “Newsies” field trip

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Behind Beautiful Trauma: An Album Review

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Stranger Things Season 2 review: demodogs, dads, and more

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Members of One Direction go their own direction

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Sketch club has big plans for upcoming year

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

York Drama presents “The Children’s Hour” and “Next to Normal” in the 2017 Fall Festival

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

October T.V. Recap

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Under the Monocle: Sam Griffin, Marriott Theatre’s Newest Newsie

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Musical matchmaker

October Concert Recap