THIS IS YORK

Filed under A&E Reviews, Showcase

October Concert Recap

Back to Article
Back to Article

October Concert Recap

Katy Perry singing during her

Katy Perry singing during her "Witness" tour on Oct. 24, 2017 at The United Center Photo courtesy of Tracy Milefchik

This October, a  wide variety of bands and artists came to visit from many different genres performed in Chicago. This month’s concerts included a throwback from Bob Dylan, pop from Kesha, alternative from Arcade Fire, and rap and r&b from Lil Uzi Vert, just to name a few. There was something for everyone.

Katy Perry came to perform for her “Witness” tour where she appeared at the United Center on the 24th and 25th. She performed songs like “Bon Appétit” and “Swish Swish” from her new album, “Witness,” along with older songs and original fan favorites like “California Gurls,” “I Kissed a Girl,” and “Hot N Cold”.

“The best part was all the lights and complex choreography,” said freshman Shea Kennedy. “I wouldn’t recommend this concert to other high school boys, [though], and suggest choosing a concert that you would like to go to, such as Little Yachty.”

Imagine Dragons appeared at the United Center on the 18th for their “Evolve” tour. They sang “Thunder” and “Believer” from their new album “Evolve” along with others, while also singing their fan favorites such as “Radioactive” and “On Top of the World”.

“I liked the stage performance and I liked the meaningful speech he gave to the audience,” said freshman Bella Prosser. “His speech was about depression and how there are always people who are there for you.”

Jon Bellion came to Chicago for his tour “The Human Condition” where appeared at the Aragon ballroom on the 17th. He played songs such as “All Time Low” and “Guillotine”

Jon Bellion singing during “The Human Condition” tour on Oct. 17, 2017 at the Aragon Ballroom. Photo courtesy of Eleni Panoushis.

“My favorite song that they played was Migraine. I loved every song that they played; they performed so well,” said freshman, Eleni Panoushis. “My favorite part of the performance was how much they interacted with the crowd. Overall, it was the best night ever and I loved everything about it!”

The Pixies performed on the 8th at The Chicago Theater. Their performance was a bit of a 90s throwback and they played a mix of their old songs like “Where is my Mind” and “Wave of Mutilation” along with new songs such as “Head Carrier”.

“My favorite part of the show was the way they jumped around as they played their songs.” said CJ Cannon, a sixth grader at Sandburg Middle School.

The concerts last month were very popular and many concert goers enjoyed them. A few of the concerts coming this month are Guns N’ Roses, The Weeknd and Mariah Carey. To find full set lists from the artists mentioned in this article check out York hi’s spotify @thisisyork.

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Burning up for Bachelor drama

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

‘First Man’ sees the space race through Neil Armstrong’s eyes

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Be prepared to be scared

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

York Drama soars to new heights in fall play “Peter and the Starcatcher”

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

The fashion community wraps up Spring 2019 Fashion Weeks as York students prepare for winter

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star is Born’ stuns opening weekend audiences

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Fashion Forward

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

York-Hi’s Declassified School Survival Guide: Homecoming

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

York Drama announces its 2018-2019 season

• October Concert Recap

A&E Reviews

Sweetberry, meet Elmhurst

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF YORK COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
October Concert Recap