THIS IS YORK

Filed under Features, Showcase

From a York Duke to a Mississippi State Bulldog – Under the Monocle Ryan Ross

Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Ryan Ross and the coaching staff from Mississippi State University. Fall 2017.

Photo courtesy of Ryan Ross

Photo courtesy of Ryan Ross

Photo courtesy of Ryan Ross

Winter is approaching, and so are college deadlines- putting a lot of stress on people. But not for junior, Ryan Ross. Just recently Ross has verbally committed to Mississippi State University, to continue his baseball career in the Fall of 2019.

Baseball has always been a huge part of Ross’s life. Starting his baseball journey at the age of six, and moving to the high school level he is excited and ready to make his dream of playing at the college level in the SEC a reality.

“I’m excited to play against some of the best players in the country,” said Ross, “Playing in the SEC has always been something I have wanted to do.”

While picking where you want to go for college can be a challenge, picking a school to play a sport at can be even harder. Ross, however is confident that Mississippi State is the best fit for him. He was able to go the university and meet the coaching staff and see what life will be like as a Bulldog.

“Mississippi State is the perfect fit for me. It has everything that I am looking for. The coaching staff is fantastic. They treat me like family and I’m very excited to be a part of that,” said Ross.

Lots of factors have contributed to Ross becoming apart of the Bulldog family. According to Ross though, it wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for the unconditional love and support Ross has gotten at home. Ross is very grateful for his family for standing by him in his baseball career.

“I’d like to thank my family for always supporting me throughout my career. They have always been there with me through the good and the bad,” said Ross.

Before Ross begins his exciting journey at Mississippi State, he still has some time to play as a Duke. This season Ross is hoping the team can build off the success from last year and work on overcoming some of the struggles they faced. With former athletes coming back and new athletes joining the team, Ross is excited about the season

Photo courtesy of Ryan Ross
Junior Ryan Ross running to home plate and celebrating a good play. Spring 2017.

“I’m excited to see us compete this year. We had a very good season last spring but just fell short at the end,” said Ross. “Most of the starters are returning so we’re looking to build off our success from last season. We also hope to accomplish our goal of winning conference and going deep into the playoffs.”

• From a York Duke to a Mississippi State Bulldog – Under the Monocle Ryan Ross

Features

Spanish 4H classes give the gift of education this Christmas

Features

Under the Monocle: Mr. Bill Riddle

Features

Sleeveless Jacket discusses their origins and upcoming performance at the Jam Lab

Features

York’s dance program becomes a conversation starter

Features

After the XC season is done, senior runners take on the 13.1

Features

Blurring the lines between a childhood love and a life-long passion

Features

Under the Monocle: Through Helen’s lens

Features

Vladislav Blaha pays a visit to York’s music department for the second time

Features

Senior Sarah May is an all-conference all-star

Features

Wise Duke Podcast Episode 3: Student Tips & Advice

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF YORK COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL