Filed under A&E Reviews, Showcase

Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

The+new+movie+poster+for+the+new+%22Star+Wars%22+that+came+out+Dec.+15.++
The new movie poster for the new

The new movie poster for the new "Star Wars" that came out Dec. 15.

Photo courtesy of NBC News.

Photo courtesy of NBC News.

In lieu of low spirits during finals week, keep hopes high for new and upcoming movies being released this holiday season.

Over this holiday season venture to your nearest theater, grab some popcorn and a movie ticket, sit down and relax, and catch up on the newest flicks being released. Students here at York are very excited to move on from first semester and enjoy their holiday break. After countless stress-filled hours worrying about finals and many trips to the RogerHub grade calculator, the only math you want to do this holiday season is calculating the price of a movie ticket.

After polling over a hundred students from various grade levels, it was discovered that students at York were very excited about the new Star Wars movie. The poll included nine movies all coming out within ten days before Christmas. It featured highly anticipated movies including Star Wars: The Final Jedi and Pitch Perfect 3. New titles also found their way on the list including The Greatest Showman and a new take on the 1995 classic Jumanji, starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart.

“I’m most excited for Pitch Perfect 3,” freshmen Jillian Caforio said.  “I love a cappella music and am most certainly looking forward to going to see the movie with my friends.  I am also excited since it is probably the last of the Pitch Perfect movies and look forward to how they are going to end it.”

Similar to Caforio, sophomore Steve Chornij is very excited for another sequel: Star Wars: The Final Jedi.  “It’s Star Wars. It’s a part of me!” Chornij said. “If my wife doesn’t like Star Wars I don’t think we can be together!” Steve also commented on how long he has been anticipating the movie’s release. “I’ve been wanting to see what happened since the last one came out. I’m anticipating seeing Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher. I like the old actors. I hate the new trilogy actors.”  

Unlike Steve and Jillian who are more thrilled about sequels to already popular movies, junior Abby Hohman is really looking forward to some of the newer films being released. “I’m looking forward to seeing The Greatest Showman,” Hohman said.  “I am most excited about seeing Zac Efron and Zendaya. I love Zendaya!”

Whether you’re a big movie buff or not, indulge yourself in some remakes of a classic, a highly anticipated sequel, or an original movie this holiday season.

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Bachelor Week 3 Recap: Wrestlemania and dog park fiascos

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Living for the jive of Java Live

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Amature Musicians Club hosts open mic night

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

October Concert Recap

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Advanced Dance puts on dance concert in Black Box studio featuring York Dance Company

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Drama Club takes “Newsies” field trip

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Behind Beautiful Trauma: An Album Review

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Stranger Things Season 2 review: demodogs, dads, and more

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Members of One Direction go their own direction

• Coming Soon: This Holiday Season

A&E Reviews

Sketch club has big plans for upcoming year

Coming Soon: This Holiday Season