Gavin Hughes sings his original song “Over NYC” during York Live C while students wave their phone lights. (Photo by Maddy McGreal)
Gavin Hughes sings his original song “Over NYC” during York Live C while students wave their phone lights.

Photo by Maddy McGreal

Fine Arts Week shines a light over York during the final day of performances

March 6, 2020

The final day of Fine Arts Week marked the spectacular finish to yet another successful showcase of York talent–both current and former students. The day’s performances included bands Porch Music and Big Fans, both of which consisted of York graduates, as well as the York Live C cast. In the afternoon, select students talked with guest speaker Hillel Frankel, a copyright attorney. Additionally, the AP art students held an art fair in the York Commons during all lunch periods on Thursday and Friday. Fine Arts Week will officially come to a close on Friday night, when all three York Live groups perform at 7:00 p.m.

Class of 2019 York Alum Ben Pavlik returned with his band Big Fans to perform for current students.

“You really realize that you’re gone and that every performance you had while you were a student really matters more than you’ve ever realized before,” Pavlik said. “Being back is not the same, but it makes me feel even more thankful for the moments I had here as a student.”