Freshmen attend their first day of school at York amid a historic 2020-21 school year. Freshmen Sarah Huber and Frannie Cunnigham waited outside their first in-person class, Biology. “I am feeling really nervous, but I am hopeful and excited for this year, ” Huber said. Sept. 21, 2020. (Photo by CeCe Lampa)
Freshmen attend their first day of school at York amid a historic 2020-21 school year. Freshmen Sarah Huber and Frannie Cunnigham waited outside their first in-person class, Biology. “I am feeling really nervous, but I am hopeful and excited for this year, ” Huber said. Sept. 21, 2020.

Photo by CeCe Lampa

Freshmen embark on hybrid learning journey

September 21, 2020

On Sept. 21, 2020, York freshmen entered the building for their first day of in-person learning as a Duke. York is one of the first large-scale high schools in DuPage County to reopen for hybrid learning following the government-mandated Stay-at-Home order in late March.

Following one week with limited students in the building, York’s Administration is hopeful as the newest Dukes begin the learning process in non-virtual classrooms.

I think what’s really exciting about next week is it is new for all of us as we are first-year administrators this year, but seeing freshmen in the building next week being in the building for the first time,” principal Dr. Shahe Bagdasarian said. “We know some of our students may be nervous about not knowing where to go and what classes to go to. But we are going to help them out, and I think it is going to be nice to see students on a larger scale back in the building.”