York sophomores join the freshmen for hybrid learning. York’s Assistant Principal for Student Services Meredith Sheriff checked in students at the main academic entrance. Before entering the building, students are required to self certify their health and temperature. “One thing we have to keep reminding families is it is faster to get inside the building if you do your pre-certification at home,” Sheriff said. “That has been the only hold-up that we have experienced this week. It has been really good to see life back in the building.” Sept. 28, 2020. (Photo by Lucy Valeski)
York sophomores join the freshmen for hybrid learning. York’s Assistant Principal for Student Services Meredith Sheriff checked in students at the main academic entrance. Before entering the building, students are required to self certify their health and temperature. “One thing we have to keep reminding families is it is faster to get inside the building if you do your pre-certification at home,” Sheriff said. “That has been the only hold-up that we have experienced this week. It has been really good to see life back in the building.” Sept. 28, 2020.

Photo by Lucy Valeski

Sophomores start their first day of hybrid learning during the unconventional 2020-21 school year

September 29, 2020

This Monday, York sophomores attended in-person learning for the first time since March. York opted for a gradual reopening; different grades begin hybrid learning on separate weeks. Elmhurst CUSD 205 is the first district in DuPage county to reopen for in-person learning.

“I am super excited to go back to school and interact with my teachers in person,” sophomore Molly Heiss said. “Even if it will be six feet apart and through masks, anything is still better than over Zoom. I am also excited to see my friends because some of my friends are on the same day as me. I am just excited for life to go back to normal again.”