During the first week of March, the York Live student musicians pre record their pieces. Seniors Kathryn King and Lily Crow sung vocals in “Edge of Seventeen” with a full band. “Fine Arts Week is such an important and magical time of the school year for those involved in fine arts at York,” senior Katie Reidinger. “It’s so much fun to be able to share something you work so hard on with those who may not get to see it on a regular basis.” March 3, 2021. (Photo by Lucy Valeski)
During the first week of March, the York Live student musicians pre record their pieces. Seniors Kathryn King and Lily Crow sung vocals in “Edge of Seventeen” with a full band. “Fine Arts Week is such an important and magical time of the school year for those involved in fine arts at York,” senior Katie Reidinger. “It’s so much fun to be able to share something you work so hard on with those who may not get to see it on a regular basis.” March 3, 2021.

Photo by Lucy Valeski

York Live recording showcased in Fine Arts Week outdoor concert

March 25, 2021

The annual York Live concert persisted through COVID-19 for the 2020-21 school year. However, the student performers prerecorded the concert in early March and hosted an outdoor showcase of York Live this Wednesday. The concert occurred during York’s first-ever Fine Arts Month.

“No matter what, Fine Arts Week is about giving students a chance to express themselves and share their art with an audience,” Fine Arts Week coordinator and music production teacher Chris Gemkow said. “York Live is going to be much different, but performers are still going to get that opportunity to put their talents in the spotlight and show off a different side of themselves.”