A set of booths showing off the job opportunities for students

Job & volunteer fair offers new opportunities to students

March 21, 2022

The Job & Volunteer Fair that occurs every March in the York Commons has just passed by, and many students have signed up for volunteer jobs in the DuPage area. A variety of booths lined the commons, including opportunities at the Elmhurst Public Library, the Elmhurst Pride Fest, and the Elmhurst Art Museum. 

“We’ve been doing this every March for years, providing opportunities for middle through high school students, all for free without registration.” said Kim Brigman, a member of the Elmhurst Commission on Youth

A set of booths in the commons showing off the volunteer opportunities for students

Volunteering can provide experience for future careers, help students contribute towards their community, and give students service hours. The Job and Volunteer fair provides resources for students to give back to their community, benefiting not only the people of Elmhurst, but themselves as well. 

“There were a lot of fascinating volunteer opportunities, and I liked the amount of information that I was given. The people seated at the booths were informative and very kind.” Said junior Jun Johnson. 

Members of our community took the time out of their busy schedules to stop by and provide opportunities to the students of York, and it was appreciated by many. 

“It was nice to see the community of Elmhurst come together.” Said Sophomore Amber Smith.