Come support Dukes McTeacher Night

Come support Yorks newspaper and football team May 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the North Elmhurst McDonald’s on York Road! (Image courtesy of Google Images)

Come support York’s newspaper and football team May 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the North Elmhurst McDonald’s on York Road! (Image courtesy of Google Images)

Together, two student groups at York Community High School– the York-hi newspaper and the football team– are joining to raise money.

But it is not just any ordinary fundraiser– for this fundraiser, York teachers will be working behind the counter at McDonald’s. The event is called McTeacher’s Night, and it will be held on May 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the North Elmhurst McDonald’s on York Road.

In the past year, the York-hi has had to significantly cut back on the amount of print they publish because of the lack of funding.

In previous years, four or more issues were able to be written and edited by newspaper students, but this year, only one issue will be written. With each print paper costing a large amount of money, this fundraiser has the power to make a change– the newspaper could be brought back.

As for the football team, every year their equipment gets increasingly worn out. This year, they are hoping to raise money in order to purchase new equipment that will help them secure their safety and success for the upcoming season.

The event will feature teachers from all departments around York– math, English, fine arts, and physical education teachers will all be in attendance.

Mr. Westerberg, Mr. Monken, Mr. Clarke, Mr. Wolfe, Mrs. Bhimji, and Mrs. Lampa will be some of the teacher attending to name a few. This is Diana Smith’s final McTeacher night for York as well. Even beloved, retired math teacher, Dave Aggen, is coming back to Elmhurst to support the Dukes!

You may be asking, what can I do to support this cause? The answer is simple: come to McDonald’s from 5 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3 and bring your friends, family, or neighbors. It is going to be a great night filled with students, teachers, fun, and food!