York students ponder their favorite summer blockbusters

From an all-female reboot of a 1984 supernatural comedy, to the long-awaited sequel of one of Pixar’s most beloved stories, summer 2016 was chock-full of blockbuster films. York-hi talked to a few students to find out which new movie was their favorite.

"I saw 'Finding Dory' over the summer and I really liked it because it was like reliving my childhood memories of Finding Nemo!" --Katie Mitchell, senior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I saw ‘Finding Dory’ over the summer, and I really liked it because it was like reliving my childhood memories of Finding Nemo!” –Katie Mitchell, senior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers

"I didn''t see any movies over the summer, but I'm going to see a movie soon called 'Dancer.' It's about Sergei Polunin, who was a Russian ballet dancer, and he went to the Royal Ballet School and then got a principle job at eh age of 19. He was the youngest principle dancer ever, and he's one of the greatest dancers to ever live." --Sam Griffin, junior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I didn’t see any movies over the summer, but I’m going to see a movie soon called ‘Dancer.’ It’s about Sergei Polunin, who was a Russian ballet dancer. He went to the Royal Ballet School and then got a principle job at the age of 19. He was the youngest principle dancer ever, and he’s one of the greatest dancers to ever live.” –Sam Griffin, junior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
"I saw the movie 'Suicide Squad' over the summer. A lot of people criticized it because it was different from the comics, but I went in as a newcomer and I really enjoyed the action and the comedy and the drama. I pretty much liked the whole thing." --CJ Karwowski, senior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I saw the movie ‘Suicide Squad’ over the summer. A lot of people criticized it because it was different from the comics. But I went in as a newcomer,  and I really enjoyed the action, the comedy, and the drama. I pretty much liked the whole thing.” –CJ Karwowski, senior | Photo by Rebecca Rogers

"I saw 'Ghostbusters,' and I really liked it because it was cool to see the reboot with all women, it was empowering." --Evie Nudera, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I saw ‘Ghostbusters’, and I really liked it because it was cool to see the reboot with all women; it was empowering.” –Evie Nudera, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers

"I also saw 'Suicide Squad' this summer, and I really liked the idea of villains being the superheroes, and I really like the A-list cast." --Wilke Macariola, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I saw ‘Suicide Squad’ this summer, and I really liked the idea of villains being the superheroes and the A-list cast.” –Wilke Macariola, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
"I saw 'Finding Dory,' and the movie meant a special something to me because disabilities are hard to live with, but Dory managed to make her way through her world just fine and that's pretty inspiring." --David Hansen, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers
“I saw ‘Finding Dory’. The movie meant a special something to me because disabilities are hard to live with, but Dory managed to make her way through her world just fine. That’s pretty inspiring.” –David Hansen, sophomore | Photo by Rebecca Rogers