Dukes finally get their break

With Spring Break right around the corner, everyone has the same question on their mind, “Where is everyone going for break?”. The York-hi went around and asked students where they are going for break and what they are doing in Elmhurst if they’re staying home.

Isabelle Downey
Noelle Pedote, sophomore (left).
“I am going to St. Petersburg, Florida with my family and family friends. I really want to go parasailing and just go to the beach. Hope to meet up with this girl!”
Abby Coglianese, freshman (right).
“I’m going to St. Petersburg, Florida with my family and our friends for the third year in a row. Hope to see this girl!”
Isabelle Downey
Liam Parpan, sophomore.
“I’m going to my cousin’s wedding in the city and hanging out with my family and friends.”
Isabelle Downey
Eileen King, junior.
“I will be visiting colleges and watching Michael Cera movies with my dog.”
Isabelle Downey
Bilal Kamka, junior.
“I’m taking a road trip all the way down to Kansas to explore my basketball potential.”
Isabelle Downey
Ashlynn Sexton, sophomore.
“Well, I’m not going anywhere for spring break, so I’m just planning on hanging out with my friends. I’m also going on a college visit at University of Chicago.”
Isabelle Downey
Matt Anikiej, sophomore.
“For spring break, I was really hoping to go on vacation, but my parents have to work so I’m staying in Elmhurst. It’s all good though because a lot of my friends are staying here, and we already have plans like going to the beach and such.”
Isabelle Downey
Ellie Davis, sophomore.
“Oh! I’m going to Naples, Florida. I’m going to go to the beach with my family, and hopefully, swim with dolphins!”
Isabelle Downey
Corey Elliott, junior.
“I’m leaving the Friday before spring break to go down to Orlando with the band; we’re going to march in a parade at Disney World, and we have a few days to hang out in the park and enjoy ourselves. When I get back, I think I’ll be going on a road trip with my dad to visit a few colleges in the area.”
Isabelle Downey
Danielle Renno, freshman.
“I’m going to Naples, Florida with my family. We’re staying at my grandparent’s house, and I really want to go to the beach and get a tan.”
Isabelle Downey
Tim Boyle, sophomore.
“I’m not going anywhere because I have track practice most days, but that’s okay because I’m going to hang out with my friends that are staying too.”
Isabelle Downey
Nate Burns, junior.
“I am hanging with friends and just chilling. I’m also probably going on a college visit at Notre Dame.”
Isabelle Downey
Austin Brown, sophomore.
“I’m not going anywhere for spring break, so I’m just going to hang out with my friends and probably meet up with some of my bands to practice.”
Isabelle Downey
Maddie Davis, senior.
“I’m going to Disney World for the band trip, and after, I’m going to Naples with my family.”