Write for yourself: come out to the Mirrors Writers Workshop!

The Mirrors Literary Magazine will be hosting a writers workshop on Monday Feb. 26 to help Yorks creative writers.

Photo Courtesy of Foundry Art Centre

The Mirrors Literary Magazine will be hosting a writers workshop on Monday Feb. 26 to help York’s creative writers.

The Mirror’s Literary Magazine hosts many events throughout the school year, the most well-known being Java Live, but now they’re trying something different.

Coming up on Monday, Feb. 26, Mirror’s will be hosting a writers workshop open to anyone and everyone who is interested in writing. There are no prerequisites to attending this event and they will be working on pieces that need editing or if you want to work on obtaining and talking over ideas for a new piece.

“In general, we want to help people,” said sophomore Sophia Fisher, who has been a big part of planning this event. “Either by helping to edit their already written work or to help give people inspiration for future works.”

Student members of the Mirrors team will be hosting a series of activities to boost creativity and to edit students’ pre-written narratives, poetry, and other creative writing pieces.

“The Mirrors writing workshop will be a great place to openly express your ideas on paper,” said sophomore Austin Escobedo.

Come on over on Feb. 26 and join the team for some fun free writing!