Boys track opens with a bang

Boys track opened with a bang last week with the team competing in two meets against Downers Grove South and Proviso West High Schools. Competitors in all events showed strong results early in the season and are eager to start improving throughout the season.

Head Coach Charlie Kern addresses the distance runners in preparation for their races against Downers Grove South High School.
Jack Rodgers
Coach Reed Sundberg prepares the team managers to work and organize the dual meet against Downers Grove South High SChool.
Jack Rodgers
Coach Reed Sundberg prepares the team managers to work and organize the dual meet against Downers Grove South High School.
Manager Sam Deuter prepares a pace chart for the varsity runners to keep pace during their race.
Jack Rodgers
Manager Sam Deuter prepares a pace chart for the varsity runners to keep pace during their races.
Two teams of York runners shake hands before competeing against each other in the 4X800m relay.
Jack Rodgers
Two teams of York runners shake hands before competing against each other in the 4X800m relay.
Ed Liebeno, senior, hands off the baton to Max Albers, sophomore, in the varsity 4X800m relay.
Jack Rodgers
Ethan Kett, senior, clears the bar while pole vaulting in the away meet hosted by Proviso West High School.
Jack Rodgers
Connor Murphy, senior, clears the bar while pole vaulting. Murphy cleared 13"6' during the Proviso West meet which is one inch short of the qualifying state height.
Jack Rodgers
Connor Murphy, senior, also clears the bar while pole vaulting. Murphy cleared 13’6″ during the Proviso West meet which is one inch short of the qualifying state height.
Sean Leonard, sophomore, prepares for the start of the 200m dash.
Jack Rodgers
Vishruth Sunilkamar, senior, races after a Proviso West runner in the 4x200m relay.
Jack Rodgers
Mark Bashqawi, junior, races around the curve in the 4X200m relay.
Jack Rodgers
The team lines the curve during the last race, the 4x400m relay, in preparation to cheer on the runners.
Jack Rodgers