York honors October Students of the Month

October+2016+Students+of+the+Month+

October 2016 Students of the Month

At a breakfast on Thurs., Oct. 6, York honored students who were selected by their teachers, coaches and advisers as October 2016 Students of the Month.

Congratulations to the following students:

York Athletics . . . Sarah Rose

York Activities . . .  Kylie Travers

Business . . .  Brandon Musgrave

ELL . . .  Wanderley Felipe-Perez

English . . . Grace Fisher

Family & Consumer Sciences . . .  Elizabeth Benvenuto

Industrial Technology . . . Jackson Bode

Mathematics . . . Eddie Pasillas

PE/Health/Drivers Ed . . .  Cyril Kappen

Performing Arts . . .  Michael Ryan

Science . . .  Mason Lampa

Social Studies . . . Erik Rocha

Visual Arts . . . Isabella Stanley

World Language . . . John Raniere

York Student Services . . .  Alexander Hamilton

Mr. Tim Albert honors Erik Rocha as Social Studies Student of the Month, noting his compassion and leadership skills.

Sophomore Jack Raniere is awarded Student of the Month for World Language from Mr. Joe O'Malley.
Sophomore Jack Raniere is awarded Student of the Month for World Language from Mr. Joe O’Malley.
Senior Michael Ryan proudly accepts the honor of Student of the Month for Performing Arts from Mr. Bill Riddle, who praised his enthusiasm as a music student and member of the band.

Mr. Marcus Roy said he's been enjoyed teaching Cyril Kappen for two years in a row and is honored to name him Student of the Month for PE.
Mr. Marcus Roy said he’s enjoyed teaching Cyril Kappen for two years in a row and is honored to name him Student of the Month for PE.

Dr. Sue Brown said said Eddie Pasillas hard work earned him the Student of the Month for Math.
Dr. Sue Brown said said Eddie Pasillas’ hard work earned him the Student of the Month for Math.

Junior Jackson Bode, Student of the Month for Industrial Tech, is introduced by Mr. Ken Ross.

Wanderley Felipe-Perez, Student of the Month for ELL, joins in the celebration after Ms. Sylwia Zalewska shared his many achievements.

Senior Sarah Rose listens with a smile as Ms. Patty Iverson speaks of the many accomplishments, on and off the volleyball court, that earned her Student of the Month for Athletics.

Ms. Kelsey Manning introduces Isabella Stanley, Student of the Month for Visual Arts.

Senior Kylie Travers, Student of the Month for Activities, was nominated by Ms. Suzanne Hamidi.

Alexander Hamilton, Student of the Month for York Student Services, accepts his certificate from Mr. Mike Hanley.