York celebrates International Fest

On Thursday, March 23, International Fest took place in the Commons during periods four, five, and six. Over 100 students participated and many different clubs took part in the festivities, including International Club, Italian Club, Chinese Club, Greek Club, Latina Dreamers and many other clubs too.

There were many performances this year at International Fest. There was an Italian opera singer, an Indian dancer, a dance performance by the Latina Dreamers, and a Chinese dragon dance. Cultural food and drinks were also given out by different clubs.

Photo by Gabby Palomino
After their performance, the Latina Dreamers kept on dancing to traditional Spanish songs and encouraged other students to join.

International Fest celebrates the immense diversity and multitudes of cultures around the world and here at York.

“I hope that International Fest promoted a sense of appreciation for other cultures and encouraged the desire to learn about those who are different from ourselves,” said sophomore Mia Hackett.

International Fest gave the student body a chance to celebrate these diverse cultures and to grow to accept each other.

“I hope that through International Fest, more attention is given to the Greek culture; hopefully we will gain some new members,” said Greek Club member Katerina Siavelis, sophomore.

Gabby Palomino

Thank you, International Club for sponsoring such a great event!