FAW only gets finer on its third day

Even though it’s Wednesday and class periods are shorter, there’s no shortage of fun at Fine Arts Week. Today, alumni Clarke Pavlik and Emma Ohm came back to share their stories about their post-high school paths, and the talent show continued with singing performances by York musicians.

Oh(m) Me, Oh(m) My! 

Photo by Nate Swanson
Emma Ohm, a York alumni, is currently a junior at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee studying music. “Go somewhere where the music is,” Ohm said.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Clarke Pavlik, part of the very musical Pavlik family, went to the city to pursue comedy after high school.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Both Pavlik and Ohm gave advice for students wanting to pursue a less traditional career path.
Photo by Nate Swanson
“Just do it,” Pavlik said, “there isn’t a pre-requisite for everything you want to do.”

Lunch Entertainment 

Photo by Nate Swanson
To keep the spirit of Fine Arts Week alive all throughout the school, bands performed in the commons during lunch periods.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Junior Maddi Jones plays the guitar during her band’s performance.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Senior Natalie Riecker belts out a song in the commons.

Talent Show Singers 

Photo by Nate Swanson
Seniors Bailey Maguire and Nina Fabrizius perform an acoustic rendition of “Hey Ya!” by OutKast.
Photo by Ethan Thomas
Bridey Costello, junior, performs an original piece called “Thanks to you.”
Photo by Ethan Thomas
The house band plays a tune in between Talent Show performances.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Junior Tanya Guerrero performs an original song titled “I’ll Show You Out”.
Photo by Ethan Thomas
Hosts Eileen King (senior), Kevin Homan (senior), and David Hansen (junior) left audiences in stitches throughout the day.
Photo by Nate Swanson
Seniors Danielle Fite and Carina Kanzler (left and right), joined by junior Bridey Costello, harmonize with their performance of “Annie.”
Photo by Nate Swanson
Freshman Anna Collins strums along to “I Could Learn,” an original that she wrote herself.