Join York’s March Madness Pool

Join Yorks free pool for students. Winner will receive a Chipotle gift card.

Photo courtesy of ESPN

Join York’s free pool for students. Winner will receive a Chipotle gift card.

For most people, this month began on March 1st, but if you’re any sort of college basketball fan than you know that March really begins this Tuesday, Mar. 19, when the first “play-in” games of the NCAA tournament will kick off.

This Sunday was “Selection Sunday” as the official bracket for the 2019 season was released giving analysts, students, and office workers everywhere just three days before brackets lock as the round of 64 begins Thursday.

If you’ve filled out a bracket in previous years, then go ahead and click on the link here and join the free pool for York students. The winner will receive a gift card to Chipotle.

If you’re new to March Madness, there’s no need to be reluctant to start filling out a bracket this year. All you need to know is that the 64 team bracket is divided into four regions of 16 teams. These schools were ranked by the committee based off of their regular season, so while the lowest seeds are favored, upsets happen early and often.

Just last season we saw the first ever 16 seed over 1 seed upset with the University of Maryland-Baltimore County Retrievers knocking off the top-seeded Virginia Cavaliers, despite having 2000-1 odds to do so prior to the game. Therefore, you really don’t need to have watched a single second of college basketball this year in order to fill out a successful bracket. If there’s one piece of advice I can give you, it’s to expect the unexpected.