Devin Delgado, junior, captures the moments for Latinos Unidos, his own experiences as a member for two years and historian of the club for this year. "It feels like I'm taking photos that are memories for the future," Delgado said." It is just so memorable seeing everyone together and figuring things out when things get difficult."
Devin Delgado, junior, captures the moments for Latinos Unidos, his own experiences as a member for two years and historian of the club for this year. “It feels like I’m taking photos that are memories for the future,” Delgado said.” It is just so memorable seeing everyone together and figuring things out when things get difficult.”
Categories:

Latinos Unidos creates a family-like environment

Many students join clubs with the excitement of acceptance and hopefully a new chapter. Latinos Unidos played a big part in the members’ lives and built so many friendships that go beyond the walls of a classroom. Students come together over their shared interests in culture and along the way find a way to connect more to their heritage and those they share it with.

“I just really enjoy the connections and friendships,” Briana Cruz, senior, said. “It doesn’t just stay in the club but extends outside of the club with making so many friendships along the way.”

This club isn’t just sitting around a table talking about Latinx culture, students show up to feel more connected to the people around them. Most importantly, students are able to make memories along the way.

“I feel like I made a lot more connections by joining this club,” Devin Delgado, junior, said. “All these memories that we’ve created by doing international fest, doing all these kinds of events for community service, it really motivated me.”

Latinos Unidos is familia to many, especially the members who have been attending since freshman year. Getting to see the club grow each year while being able to build friendships and most importantly having a blast is one of the many reasons why this club impacted many of the students’ lives tremendously.

“Latinos Unidos is honestly one of the best clubs out here at York,” Clarisa Castillo, senior, said. “Although we are not the biggest and most popular, we are for sure the biggest family in York.”