THIS IS YORK

“Full House” is back and it’s “Fuller”

Courtesy+of+Google+Images+
Back to Article
Back to Article

“Full House” is back and it’s “Fuller”

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

Courtesy of Google Images

On Friday, the Tanner family came back, and the house was fuller. In 1987, Full House aired for the first time and it was a hit. Danny, a widowed father with a little bit of OCD, grew up raising three daughters: DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle with the help of his friends. There was Joey the goofy, jokester who loved cartoons, Jesse the Elvis-obsessed, musician with amazing hair, and his wife Rebecca, a loving mother who was also a TV newscaster.  And we can’t forget about everyone’s favorite (not blood-related) Tanner member Kimmy Gibbler.

Fast Forward 29 years, and Full House became Fuller House. In the reboot, we find Danny and Rebecca hosting Wake Up the USA, Joey living in Las Vegas doing comedy shows, and Jesse being a music composer for hit TV show General Hospital. As for the grown girls, DJ is a single widowed mother raising three boys and working at a pet clinic, and Stephanie is a London based disc jokey. Michelle made no appearance on the show, but they often acknowledge her and the successful fashion empire she is running. As for Kimmy, she is still weird and running her own party planning business with the help of her 13-year-old daughter.

So with this show getting the media all riled up, but what do York students think about “Fuller House”?

“It was bit cheesy, but I thought it was nice.” "What was your favorite scene?” “Probably when they go to the club and they danced.” Matt ??, Senior

“It was bit cheesy, but I thought it was nice.[My favorite scene is] probably when they go to the club and they danced.” – Matt Callaway, Senior

“I don’t have any intentions watching it…. but I like full house! Tatum Langley, Junior “I thought it was too much of cast reunion rather than an actual show. So I thought the show itself was bad but it was a cute idea.” - Hanna Kikos, Junior

“I don’t have any intentions watching it…. but I like Full House! Tatum Langley, Junior
“I thought it was too much of cast reunion rather than an actual show. So I thought the show itself was bad, but it was a cute idea.” – Hanna Kikos, Junior

“It exceeded my expectation!!” “What was your favorite scene?” “When they did the side by side of them singing the flintstone song to DJ’s baby and then when they sang in it Full House to Michelle.” John Muellner, Senior

“It exceeded my expectation! [My favorite scene is] when they did the side by side of them singing the flintstone song to DJ’s baby and then when they sang in it Full House to Michelle.”- John Muellner, Senior

No, not really I thought all the original characters were going to be in consistently throughout the episode but they kept coming in and out of the storyline. “What scene did you not like then?” “I didn’t like how they made the couch into a jacket for danny.” Paige Mcintyre, Senior

“No, not really.  I thought all the original characters were going to be consistently throughout the episode but they kept coming in and out of the storyline. I didn’t like how they made the couch into a jacket for Danny.” – Paige Mcintyre, Senior

“It was as good as I thought it was going to be. They talked to the camera a lot but overall I liked it.” “What was your favorite scene?” “The cow. That felt like an actual scene that would be in episode of Full house.” - Kaitlin Cadagin, Senior

“It was as good as I thought it was going to be. They talked to the camera a lot but overall I liked it. [I liked]  the cow. That felt like an actual scene that would be in an episode of Full House.” – Kaitlin Cadagin, Senior

About the Writer
Kellyann Gallagher, Photo Editor, Fashion Reporter, Performing Arts Reporter, Humans of York, Social Media (Instagram)

Kellyann Gallagher is a senior at York and happy to be back for her second year on the York-hi staff. Here at York, she makes the costumes for the Drama...

• “Full House” is back and it’s “Fuller”

A&E Reviews

Obnoxiously loud people celebrate themselves: Tony predictions 2019

A&E Reviews

York students jam out at the album release for “Open Up”

A&E Reviews

MET Gala 2019 “Camp: Notes on Fashion”

A&E Reviews

From the runway to the dance floor: prom dress trends you can expect to see this year

A&E Reviews

York students jam out in Brookfield

A&E Reviews

Bachelor season finale: Colton jumps the fence for Cassie

A&E Reviews

Lil Pump continues his ‘not-to-be-taken-seriously’ attitude in his sophomore album, “Harverd Dropout”

A&E Reviews

Fine Arts Week wraps up with a shirtless host

A&E Reviews

Mrs. Sapozhnikov flosses on the penultimate day of Fine Arts Week

A&E Reviews

Wednesday of Fine Arts Week goes smooth, like jazz

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF YORK COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
“Full House” is back and it’s “Fuller”